Monday, August 25, 2008

The First Day of Kindergarten

It was a a good, but sad day. Gabe woke up and was fully dressed at 7:02am. He then came downstairs and told me he had a "list." I asked what his list was and he said, "First, I get dressed, done, then I eat a big breakfast, put my tennis shoes on, get my lunch and backpack and then go to school." And that he did...He also asked me that if his shoes came untied would his teacher help him...Everything was fine, until I got BACK home and watched this video, then it hit home...

8 comments:

Naomi said...

AWWWW. He's soo grown up - I know you are proud, even though it's hard. By the way - who is hormonal? Because I have tears in my eyes...

The Bordelon Family said...

Oh My gosh, I felt like I was watching a real tv show with the perfect little family! :) I'm sure that everything went great today, you will have to tell me all about it!

Narci D said...

Oh, Gabe! Congrats!

Amy said...

Dang, for some reason I can't see the video, I will try later.
But congrats on your big boy going to school!

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, he looks so grown up!!! I hope he had a great first day!!

Unknown said...

That's my tall boy! He's got the world by the tail and nothing can stop him now!

NANA LOVES YOU BOY!!

JKMN said...

Why didn't I think of doing this with Nathan? The only pictures I got of him in school were lousy because he will not stop! Such a nice video - you will treasure this forever!

Dawn said...

I can't see it either! Hope he had a great first week back though! :)