Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My day so far...

So my little Gabe has an inner and outer ear infection...really bad one. He basically is only ok when his pain medicine is working...anyway, he woke up this morning crying, so I gave him another dose of his pain medicine...crying, he looked at me and said, "thank you for taking care of me." sniff, sniff...it makes getting up in the middle of the night all worth it!

The morning proceeds...Gabe loves that show "How its Made" where they show you how they make milk, gum, etc all kinds of fun stuff. So this episode is how they make fireworks. They are watching it and my poor Chase, full of fears, comes RUNNING and CRYING, scared of the fireworks...really?? I tried to explain that they are ON TV and not near us...

Now it is 9:15am, and my Gabe, who is brilliant and is constantly trying to figure out the world, looks at me and tells me he has figured out why he is sick...why I ask? Because of the 5 second rule. He says we drop food and you have 5 seconds to eat it or it is bad and it gets germs on it and that is how he got sick...What kid sits and ponders how he got sick!?

Here's to the rest of the day...

3 comments:

Amy said...

That is too funny!! What a smart boy you have. Hope your day gets better!

Naomi said...

You have a genius on your hands (seems to run in the family). That is precious! I don't even wonder why I'm sick!! I hope he feels better soon...and I hope Chase calmed down after seeing the fireworks :)

Narci D said...

Poor Guy! Seriously, he is SO smart--what a rockstar!